Friday, July 17, 2009

Upcoming Productions

Closer is really taking shape.  I am looking ahead to our next productions.

My team originally formed while trying to put up Betrayal by Harold Pinter.  We were not able to get the rights (even though we had been rehearsing for three weeks), so we moved on to another piece that would be good for our cast (Closer).  Maybe Betrayal should be next.

Phaedra by Elizabeth Egloff is also another great option.  I had looked at it last summer, but the production feel apart when  the economy started to tank.  It's a larger cast and a bigger difference in tone and storyline than Closer.

I'm also interested in doing a showcase.  I would love to have 5-8 pieces of performance.  One dancer would be paired with a musician who would be inspired by an original art piece that would be displayed on stage for the performance.

There's always the old standard 10-minute play festival.

I suppose I should get Closer successfully off the ground before I start to make pie in the sky plans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home