Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Little Shadow is a Big Deal

I have been seeing a shadow in my vision for a few weeks.  I went to my Optomotrist who told me to see an Opthamologist with a retina specialty.  I now know that I have a DETACHED RETINA.

To repair the detachment, I had a procedure done called PNEUMATIC RETINAPEXY.  My Opthamologist numbed my eye by inserting a Qtip with anticeptic into the back of my eye.  He then froze my retina using gas 80 degrees below 0 (cryogenic freeze).  He then removed some fluid from the whites of my eye (called, odly enough, the vitrious humor), and inserted a gas bubble.

The gas bubble will push my eye back up to my retina.  I have to sit/stand with my head at a 45 degree angle to keep the bubble in the right place for three weeks. 

I'm going to go home to let my mom take care of me.

Closer is postponed until further notice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home