Friday, August 27, 2004

Between England and School

These will be pretty short posts since my life has been going by to quickly to catalogue with much detail.

14th -17th Once home I fell into a jet-lag induced sleep for a few days. I had to drag myself out of it for a dental appointment where they gave me a new fangled flossing device. It is like a toothbrush, but the head of it, which is strung like a tiny bow, is perpendicular to the body of it. It makes flossing much easier and I can now say that I am an avid flosser. I saw Collateral with my parents and really enjoyed Jamie Foxx’s performance. Tom Cruise wasn’t bad at all, but I still harbor a few hard feelings on behalf of Nicole. The big thing of this few days was my first gambling experience. I dropped 21 dollars into the Megabucks, in the requisite three dollar increments, and lost it all. I then tried my hand at video poker with the same level of success.

18-23 I visited my sister Christine in Colorado. Mom and I stayed at Travelodge because the house was full with the visiting sister-in-law, niece and three-legged dog named Tootsie. The second day there, we ate at Souper Salad (this may seem trivial, but it may be the key to my undoing). The three of us bought supplies to paint my nephew, Trey’s, room and the kitchen. Mom and I finished Trey’s room in one day. I never got to the kitchen, though, because I was sick all night and for the next three days; I lost 8 lbs. So, I just watched the Olympics and the painting of kitchen while intermittently scurrying to the bathroom. Of course, as soon as I started to feel better it was time to go home.

24-27 I called Lauren to try to catch up with her before heading back out to Utah, but he brother told me she had pneumonia and couldn’t see anyone. She’s fine now, but it was horrid for a few weeks. I had the opportunity to spend most of my time with Kayela. We saw Garden State, finally and she stayed the night. Garden State has to be one of my favorite movies and has prompted a love of Zach Braff’s work. We then rolled out of bed and saw The Village. I think I enjoyed it more than most of my friends did. I suppose I’m a bit gullible, so I didn’t see the twist coming and could enjoy it longer.
On my last day, I visited my sister Emily with her new puppy, Rio. Sadie will now have another friend to play with. While at my house, she plays with a chipmunk which evidently enjoys playing chase to much that when Sadie returns to her house for a long stretch of time, the chipmunk comes to the patio door looking for her.
I bought scrap-booking supplies. Who knows when I’ll actually crack down and do it, but when I get the urge I will have everything I need. I also got a haircut which I absolutely love. It’s shorter and flirtier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home