Sunday, January 22, 2006

I wax poetical

My life at this time is unlike any other era of growing into adulthood I have experienced. I was unprepared for the ushering in of the New Year that brought with it all the drama and uncertainty. This poem encompasses the bulk of my frustrations and woes. Its obscurity comforts me somewhat, but I’m sure you can understand the feelings that birthed the ramblings.

--never beyond--

I know who I am
I’m here
among so many upturned faces
looking beyond

I’m here garnering love sprung from companionship
friend among friends
a flushing love
corals to roses to fires
yet, not fires
no smoldering heat
only the colors of love

Where is the line that keeps friend from lover?
How keen are the eyes of pilgrims looking for that sainted kiss beyond?
Here, hopes of family
to live happily
cool the embers burning for the self
desire for one so like the self
many turn fearful from its gaze

So here they sit
faces upturned
loving a friend who cannot cross the void

For I too look beyond
to catch sight of someone looking at me
only at me
always at me
never beyond

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home