Sunday, September 12, 2004

a week of firsts

September 6-12
Monday was the fist and only three day weekend of the semester. I had my first rehearsal for Alchemist’s Apprentice which consisted of introductions and a few read-throughs. To bookend this rehearsal, we (the usual we) watched the fist and second volume of Kill Bill. I hadn’t seen then yet because I am not a fan of the intensely directorial style of Quentin Tarentino. I must admit, though, that his style was perfected in these films. What a trip.

Tuesday I rehearsed with my scene partner for out classical comedy scene. He is a little strange in an uncomfortable way, so rehearsal was arduous. I just have to keep the perspective that everything I do, especially those things that turn out badly, helps me to grow. I also turned in my graduation paperwork. Come December, I’m out of here.

Wednesday, I took my first pretest for calculus. Luckily, I can take it again so that my 60 will not count. To take the edge off of failure we got pizza and watched Waking Life.

Thursday was marked by two more firsts. I visited the math lab to get help for the test and it was my first day alone without Laura or Logan. Both contributed to the relaxation of the day.

Friday I took the 2nd pretest. I got a 78, so that’s a keeper. I got to see Kayela quickly before she headed back to LV. I can’t believe she will be gone for a year and a half in only a few days. Oh and a weird new first. A scruffy guy wearing an army t-shirt and dark sunglasses asked me for my number so that we could go out some time. He gave me a creepy vibe, so I declined the invitation. After relating the story to Laura and Logan we determined that I had just escaped a predator. Whew!

Saturday, we went to the Spiral Jetty in the Great Salt Lake. It’s a modern art piece built into the lake that has emerged recently due to drought. On the way there we picked up a woman and her daughter who were walking to the jetty after having their SUV flip because of the gravely terrain. It was a little weird, but we were happy to help. They ended up heading back with trooper who responded to the accident that the son, who stayed behind with the injured car, had called in. It’s amazing and everyone who visits Utah should check it out. The best time to see it is a sunset. It almost seemed like we were on another planet because we had to walk over the crusted salt to get to the jetty and further on to reach the lake. We immediately felt that we were in a scene from Garden State and had to re-enact the abyss screaming scene. Luckily there was a rusting, abandoned aqua-all-terrain vehicle to scream off of.

After church on Sunday, we had a Shutterfly party to exchange all our pictures from the summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home