Thursday, September 30, 2004

secret admirers are oppressive

Let's look at the facts:
I got home late last night and found two red roses in a glass on my desk. Attached to the roses was a note that simply said, "Sylvia - have a great day." The roses are from a rose bush not a store because store roses are bread not to have the tiny stickers and they were wet fromt eh recent rain.
conclusions to be drawn:
maybe Shelly, the RS president dropped them off because I just accepted the calling as her secretary. Maybe the rest of the roomies got some,too. Both of these were obliterated when I talked with Chelsea.
New facts:
while Alyssa was watching TV, someone frantically rang the doorbell. She answered it immediately and found the roses without the giver. No one else got roses.
conclusion she drew:
the giver must have jumped over our railing to hide under our landing so as not to be caught passing in front of our open window. This giver must therefore be male, becuase no girls we know would do something so drastic.

So, here's where it gets oppressive. I have no idea who did this. The wondering about what level this "admiration" will go to is worrisome. This person is probably in the ward, but I still can't even be sure that it's a guy. I know nothing for sure, therefore I have no idea what to expect.
If it is a guy, I have no indication that anyone is interested in me. Maybe he isn't. Maybe it's just a spred-the-love-around-the-ward thing. I have decided to go with this assumption since it seems to carry the least amount of weirdness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home