Saturday, November 06, 2004

Plans for the future

I have been bogged down this semester. I have started looking ahead to post undergrad options. I have decided to audition for U/RTA (for those of you not in the field: it is a massive audition where several grad schools see you do your two monologues). I am flying to Chicago in February. I may also audition for the Denver Center, The Old Globe and Yale Drama school who will also be holding auditions in Chicago at the same time. I'm getting really nervous. I have decided to stay in Provo through January to train with one of my professors to prepare for the auditions. Once I feel I have my classes right where I want them, I will start the arduous process of choosing four monologues that I can passionately work on so that I can be prepared for anything they may want me to do. Yikes!

I can't wait to go home for Thanksgiving. I miss my family a lot. It will be especially great to see my three year old neice, Sarah. She is growing up so fast. Unfortunately, I will have just missed a visit from Trey since here at BYU we don't get any extra days off. I could really use on right about now.

I am make-up supervisor for BYU's production of Bus Stop which takes up all my nights from Tuesday through Saturday. It's fun since I know everyone in the cast and crew, but I miss being able to sit at home and just veg. My favorite part of the experience is applying Kevin's beard. I have to put on the manufactured fake one, then add crepe hear to make it look more natural. Then he gets a mustache and I have to create the handle bar of it to give the final touch. It's a lot of fun creating a small work of art every night. And the handle bar mustache always reminds me of my brother-in-law Jason.

I will try to update more often. I've never been good at keeping a journal, but this will hopefully work me into shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home