Saturday, February 26, 2005

Damsel in distress

So, my car is shaking like a snow globe in the hands of my three year old niece, and a tire goes out. Tread has shredded from the tire, and I need to change it by the side of the road. I get out the spare and the tools and start to work. No sooner than I have the car raised on the jack, a red pick-up pulls to the side of the road. A small Mexican man, covered in paint with an American flag on his hat and gold on his front teeth comes over to the car and offers his assistance. He finished the job in about twenty minutes and was on his way. I headed down to Discount Tire to replace the one that gave out. When I met my dad, he sat me down and explained that I had nearly stopped his heart. The last thing he heard from me was that a man had stopped to help me. I had left the phone in the car and therefore didn't answer when he called twice more. He was driving frantically to the Discount Tire hoping that I hadn't been kidnapped. Luckily, I was fine and we got home with one shiny new 88-dollar tire. LESSON: keep the phone with you when you've told your family that a stranger has you alone.

I heard back from MGM about the Gatekeeper position, and I was not accepted. They said I did well, but they offered the position to others. They will keep my name on file, though, and they'll call when another position is open - probably in two months.

I need to find something else to keep myself busy. Maybe I'll start dating. Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home