Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Weird-tion (Part 3/3)

Besides work, I am still heading out on random auditions. Saturday was one of the weirdest days of my life, in part because of my audition for Tony and Tina’s Wedding. My parents and I left Provo at 7:00 am, and I slept like the dead for most of the drive; I had been up til 3:00am with Laura and Logan. We watched Trainspotting, Vera Drake, and started Eulogy before giving up due to the last film’s stupidity. So when I got back into town, I rushed home and got dressed for the audition. I sped down to the Rio and did a cold reading. They asked me to stay for the call backs, and I met up with a few people I knew from high school and UNLV. While passing the time, I met some guys from L.A. who had started a theatre group out there. I got their website and email to keep in touch. Yea for networking! For the call-back, we were put into couples to improv a given situation: Person A went on vacation and left his/her pet in the care of person B. Person B has to break it to Person A that his/her pet died while he/she was away. I was paired up with a boy named Blake that I had been noticing. In our scene, he was my brother and I had killed his chameleon by playing my music to loud (evidently they can die from noise-induced stress). The scene went fine and we chatted for a while. Then the auditors called the names of those who would stay for a final call-back. I was not called – neither were any of the other girls my age, so I didn’t feel too bad – but he was. While I was making my way to leave he lingered a little, so I asked him for his number to which he replied that he was thinking the same thing. I left feeling exhilarated! I've never been so bold as to pick up on a stranger before. Weird.

The weirdness continued while at Wal-mart. I had just been thinking about my high school friend Jay because I want to learn to shoot a gun; he is the only person I can think of who would know good places to shoot and could loan me a gun to practice with. Well, I was almost ready to leave when I decided to get popsicles. I rounded the corner and there was Jay in the frozen food section! We exchanged numbers and promised to keep in better touch this time.

So, to recap: On Saturday, I drove from Provo to Las Vegas, met an old high school friend, a new theatre contact and an interesting guy then topped it all off with running into an old friend who was like a brother to me.

Ahead in my events calendar: Seal’s concert at Whiskey Beach in May. Then sometime in July, I’m going to the 100th anniversary celebration for Las Vegas concert headed by The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Weezer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home